View full CV
Saul Lemer undertakes a broad range of commercial disputes including both litigation and arbitration. Saul has been involved in a number of high value led cases but also enjoys the advocacy opportunities afforded by his un-led work.
Presently, Saul appears in ICC proceedings (with Ben Strong QC) relating to the construction of a pricing clause in a share purchase agreement and a consequential price adjustment of over €300 million. Saul also acts (with Craig Orr QC) in Commercial Court proceedings for a former finance minister of Bulgaria and a company he owns defending a claim for over €300 million in relation to the purchase of a Bulgarian telecommunications business.
Other notable cases have included:
- Chesterfield United Inc. & Anr v Deutsche Bank AG & Ors  (Ch) - Defended Deutsche Bank in (c. €500 million) litigation arising out of the sale of financial instruments (credit linked notes).
- CMC v Tyson & Ors  (Comm) - For CMC Spreadbet plc in a claim to recover over £3 million paid to customers of CMC Spreadbet in circumstances which CMC Spreadbet allege amounted to fraud, conspiracy and breach of contract.
- Greenclose Ltd v. National Westminster Bank Plc  EWHC 1156 (Ch) – Banking, notice provisions within ISDA (with Stephen Auld QC)
- Avrahami & Ors v. Biran & Ors  EWHC 1776 (Ch) - Fraudulent misrepresentation, breaches of fiduciary duty and damages (sole counsel with cross examination of 19 claimant witnesses).
- Fidelity Bank PLC v. Constant Capital Markets & Securities Ltd (Comm) (2012, settled) – Banking and finance; rectification of Repo Agreements concerning USD 80m Nigerian Government Bonds (with Nicholas Lavender QC)
- JSC BTA Bank v. Ablyazov & 11 Ors  EWHC 2506 (Comm) – Banking fraud; relief from sanctions (sole counsel)
- William Hill Organisation Limited v. Playtech  EWHC 836 (Comm) – Online gambling JV (with Craig Orr QC)
- R H Ashcroft & Sons Ltd v. Ashcroft & Anr  EWHC 1997 (Ch) – Declaratory proceedings; company Law (sole counsel)