View Short CV
Practising across a broad range of substantial commercial and chancery work, Michael Malone is a robust and persuasive advocate. He is skilled both in major set piece litigation and the skirmish of interim applications. He is an accomplished tactician and a searching cross-examiner.
- Country Casuals Holdings plc v Coats Viyella plc. Acting for Coats Viyella in defending a claim for damages for breach of warranty arising out of the sale of one of its subsidiaries.
- Greencap II Limited v Falconset Limited & Others. Defending a claim for rescission of a sale contract and damages for fraudulent misrepresentation; the misrepresentation was as to the financial status of a group of companies; complex questions of insolvency involved.
- International Management Group Limited v Jordan Grand Prix Limited. Acting for Mark McCormack's group of companies in a dispute with Jordan concerning the former's right to commission arising out of a sponsorship agreement.
- Awesome Sports Limited v International Management Group Limited. Another McCormack group commission dispute.
- Shah & Another v Karanjia & Another. Alleged "hijacking" of company; raised questions of breach of trust, forgery, fraudulent share transfers; lengthy trial; successful outcome led to applications for post judgement Mareva relief and for costs orders against non-parties.
- Hayek v Dranez Anstalt. Breach of confidence, breach of contract and restraint of trade concerning a medical ventilator.
- Payment Resources Inc. v Global Payment Systems Ltd. Worldwide credit card fraud concerning internet sales and services.
- Defending a claim arising out of alleged undue influence and unconscionable bargain.
- Acting for a group pension plan claiming against a major insurance company for alleged negligence.