View full CV
Saul Lemer undertakes a broad range of commercial disputes including both litigation and arbitration. Saul has been involved in a number of high value led cases but also enjoys the advocacy opportunities afforded by his un-led work.
In litigation, Saul currently acts (with Daniel Toledano QC) for Diageo in c US$140 million Commercial Court proceedings against Vijay Mallya and others and (with Craig Orr QC) in c €100 million Commercial Court proceedings relating to the sale of a Bulgarian telecommunications business. In arbitration, Saul has recently been involved (also with Daniel Toledano QC), in LCIA proceedings for the claimant bringing a multi-million dollar claim for breach of an SPA.
Other notable cases have included:
- Tsareva v Ananyev; Galagaev v Ananyev  EWHC 2114 – Saul acts for the First Defendant in relation to a c US$100 million claim for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in connection with the sale of Loan Notes in Russia.
- Diageo v Mallya  EWHC 2067 (Comm) – Saul acts for Diageo in a c US$150 million claim against Vijay Mallya and connected parties.
- LICT v VTBC  EWHC 1891 (Comm);  EWHC 169 (Comm);  EWHC 1747 (Comm) – Saul acts for the Second and Fourth Defendants in a c €100 million claim relating to the enforcement of a pledge over shares in a Bulgarian telecommunications business.
- European Real Estate Debt Fund (Cayman) Ltd v Treon  (Comm) – Saul acts for the Second and Third Defendant against whom the Claimant seeks c £15 million for alleged fraudulent misrepresentations in connection with the sale of certain Loan Notes.
- Romanello Financial Corp v Lars Windhorst  (Comm) – Saul acted (both as sole counsel and led) for the claimants seeking to recover c €60 million invested in shares and bonds on terms that the shares and bonds would be repurchased on a specific date.
- Chesterfield United Inc v Deutsche Bank AG  (Ch) – Saul acted for Deutsche Bank in c. €500 million litigation arising out of the sale of credit linked notes.
- Greenclose Ltd v National Westminster Bank Plc  EWHC 1156 (Ch) – Saul acted in a claim relating to the notice provisions under contract governed by an ISDA Master Agreement.
- Avrahami v Biran & Ors  EWHC 1776 (Ch) – Saul acted (as sole counsel) for the defendant in a claim relating to fraudulent misrepresentation, breaches of fiduciary duty and damages (Saul cross-examined 19 claimant witnesses).