View full CV
Greg specialises in commercial law, competition law and all aspects of intellectual property law, encompassing both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Greg worked as an Assistant Manager in the Pensions Acturial department at KPMG LLP for a number of years. He read mathematics at university, where he obtained a first class honours degree and graduated top of his year.
During his pupillage Greg assisted with a number of noteworthy intellectual property, commercial and competition law matters, including:
- Sky Ltd (formerly Sky Plc) v SkyKick UK Ltd  EWCA Civ 1121 - an appeal in trade mark infringement proceedings involving a judgment of the CJEU on a preliminary reference and issues of infringement, passing off and invalidity on grounds of bad faith.
- Genius Sports Ltd v Soft Construction (Malta) Ltd - a dispute between competitors in the market for live match sports data involving a claim for infringement of database rights and defences under competition law.
- Phones 4U Ltd (In Administration) v EE Ltd - a competition claim concerning alleged anti-competitive practices among mobile network operators and associated parties.
- Philip Warren & Son Ltd v Lidl Great Britain Ltd  EWHC 1097 (Ch) - a passing off claim brought by a family butcher against the Lidl supermarket chain.
- Puma SE v Nike Innovate CV  EWHC 1438 (Ch) - an appeal to the High Court against a decision of the UK Intellectual Property Office in trade mark opposition proceedings.
- Sky’s Trade Mark; SkyKick’s Application for a Declaration of Invalidity - proceedings in the EU Intellectual Property Office in relation to matters of bad faith and repeated applications.
- SciPharm v Moorfields Eye Hospital - a breach of contract claim in the Commercial Court in relation to a pharmaceutical development agreement involving questions of contractual interpretation and causation/quantum of loss.
- Krishna Holdco Ltd v Gowrie Holdings Ltd - a fraud and unfair prejudice claim in relation to a joint venture concerned with the importation and supply of pharmaceutical products.
- Brand Relaunch - advice in relation to a multimillion-pound brand relaunch which raised issues relating to non-traditional trade marks.
From his previous career working as an actuary in the pensions industry, Greg has also developed a detailed understanding of the legal issues affecting occupational pension schemes and is able to accept instructions in this field of practice.