Camilla Bingham QC
Date of call: 1996
Fax: 020 7520 4876
Camilla Bingham’s practice covers the broad spectrum of company and commercial law arising both domestically and internationally in litigation and arbitration.
- "[Camilla] has a great ability to get down to whatever level of detail you need. She communicates in a way that anyone can understand." (Chambers & Partners UK, 2014)
- 'a rare find, she is not your run-of-the-mill clever barrister'. Impressed sources highlight her firm grasp of factual and legal points, commanding advocacy and highly personable manner as being all points in her favour.'" (Chambers UK, 2013)
- '..an excellent advocate and fantastic team player. She has a first-class mind and is great on paper as well as on her feet' (Legal 500, 2012)
- “Camilla Bingham QC’s silk appointment ‘was well deserved’. ‘She will go from strength to strength as a leader’ thanks in part to her ‘willingness to roll her sleeves up when dealing with difficult clients” (Legal 500, 2013)
- Camilla was named by The Lawyer as one of 2012's "Hot 100 Lawyers", singled out for her "commercial awareness and ability to connect with lay clients."
Her current profile includes:-
Court and arbitral proceedings for liability declarations in relation to professional indemnity and D & O insurance policies;
Proceedings in contract and in conspiracy arising out of a written settlement agreement;
Commercial Court proceedings for the committal of a litigant said to have signed a false statement of truth.”
Proceedings in the Chancery Division concerning a company’s alleged knowing receipt of funds paid over in breach of directors’ fiduciary duties;
Proceedings concerning penalty clauses in a share sale and purchase agreement.
Camilla has particular expertise in issues concerning jurisdiction and conflict of laws. She is a contributor to Gore-Browne on Companies. She has been called to the Bar of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, the Bar of the Supreme Court of the Eastern Caribbean (Virgin Islands) and is registered with DIFC on the Register of Practitioners (Part II) in Dubai.
Scope of practice
Energy, oil & gas and utilities
Banking & finance
Breach of warranty
Breach of trust / fiduciary duty
Conflict of laws & jurisdiction
Corporate & individual insolvency
Sale of goods and supply of goods & services
View full CV »